Welcome to the North Carolina Coastal and Piedmont Chapter of the Antique & Classic Boat Society
February 1 2024
Hello Fellow Classic Boaters,
This year has started off on a wonderful note, I believe. The workshop at Lowell Boats was a big success. We had thirty or so people attend. It is always fun to see what Gary has going on there and his mini-seminars offer many useful tips for our amusement and amazement. Thanks for having us Gary!
In our last newsletter, we challenged y’all to try your hand at the AI image generator. Several of you gave it a whirl and the results were very interesting. One doesn’t need be the least bit creative to do this. You just enter a few words and AI does all the creative stuff for you! WOW!
Some other items of interest include:
- The notes from our Chapter board meeting
- Our 2024 Budget
- Information on our Feb 17th planned regional meetings (something new)
- March 9th Trailer workshop at the Piglet
- Info on our planned visit to the Newport News Mariner’s Museum and Park on Saturday, March 30th
- Tech article on African Mahogany
If you have not poked around on our website in a while, several members are selling boats and details can be found on the member trading dock page, the photo albums page has pictures of our chapter events, and our services and products section is packed with contact information. We love to have more pictures of members’ boats in the media center page. Send yours to webmaster Judy Hills.
Please sign up for one of the regional gatherings , the trailer workshop, and do plan to meet us at the Newport News, VA Mariners Museum and Park in March.
This is your captain signing off…
Alan Hills, President
2024 What's New or News?
February 2024 Messing About in Boats
Click here to view the latest newsletter.
Hot off the Press: NC C&P 2023 Annual Report. Read all about our 2023 adventures and achievements! Click here to read.
Friends of the NC Maritime Museum are selling a 1911 22' Torpedo Transom Fay & Bowen Launch. Click here to view.
Member Jim Dean has a 43-foot Chris Craft Commander for sale. Click here to view details.
Member Tom Hamilton has an 18' 1942 Chris Craft Utility for sale. Click here to view details.
Member Keith Colonna is selling off his boat collection. Check it out here.
Watch the website and the newsletter for events that our chapter is either sponsoring or encouraging you to participate in. Here are a few key dates:
- 3/9 Trailer Maintenance workshop at the Piglet in Pittsboro (John Justice). Click here to sign up. Free lunch.
- 3/21-24 Sunnyland Chapter Boat Show in Tavares, FL
- 3/30 Chapter Day Trip to Mariners Museum & Park in Newport News, VA Click here to sign up.
- 4/13 Cape Fear Community College Boat Show Click here to register
- 4/12-14 Oriental Boat Show
- 4/24 Chapter Business Meeting via Zoom
- 4/27-28 Overnight Cruise from Vandemere (Pamlico County) to Bath on Sat and return on Sun
- 5/4 NC Maritime Museum Boat Show in Beaufort Click here for info.
- 5/17-18 Lake Lure Boat and Auto Show (Blue Ridge Chapter)
Organizing a Pop-Up Event
In addition to the events scheduled on our calendar, we invite members to create a “last-minute” gathering and notify chapter members of the opportunity to participate. This could be a workshop, an “I need help with…”, a run on the lake, or something else special that you have run across or want to do. Here is how it works:
- You identify the opportunity
- You email the details to President Alan Hills
- Alan will forward the information to all chapter members ASAP
- You take pictures, write up the event, and submit a them to the newsletter editor
2024 Chapter Board: (Below L to R):
Bill Conley (Dir). John Dougherty (Dir), Jim Alexander (Dir), Alan Hills (Pres), Judy Hills (Sec), Jeff Martinson (VP), Kevin Leiner (Treas), and John Justice (Dir). Not shown: Jim Hartman (Dir).
This web site is provided by the NC Coastal & Piedmont Chapter of the ACBS solely as a convenience and no warranty, express or implied, is made regarding the information contained herein. NC C&P, its members and volunteer webmaster shall bear no liability for any losses directly or indirectly related to or involving the use or misuse of information contained in this web site.